Thursday, August 16, 2018

Arrival in Santiago

We arrived in Santiago de Compostela today. So happy to have finally reached our goal successfully.

We left Salcedo at 7:11am and arrived at the cathedral around 3pm. We took our pictures then tracked the GPS to the pilgrim office. At first we were horrified at the incredible length of the line leading to the place where we were to receive our Compostelas. We heard someone say that it might take 3 hours. But I'm glad we didn't let that discourage us. Even though it did seem to take forever, we actually had our Compostelas in about an hour and a half.

Next we used the GPS to find our way about 1 kilometer to our hotel. We were both so glad to get out of our shoes. Mine are packed away in my backpack and I intend to stay in my sandals until I'm home again in Palmer.

We found a tiny cafe and had a couple of sandwiches. Now it's time to call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment